Sunday, February 27, 2011

TV Show Reviews/ An Eventful Weekend

An Eventful Weekend
by Richard Mark Tanguay

This weekend marked the end of a three-year absence of an oven here at home!!! My father had finally gotten around to installing our electric oven-range which we had bought almost three years ago. They baked their first thing in an oven in almost three years: a cake!!! Tonight, my mother is going to make us a meatloaf, which we haven't been able to make in quite a while either!!! It is my hope that my father will now move forward with the completetion of the installation of our dishwasher, and the complete renovation of our kitchen and our porch. I am so excited to finally seethis stuff being completed!!!


Here are other things I am planning to do within the next year:


* Buy a Blu-Ray player for my livingroom television.
* Purchase an over the air Personal Video recorder, thus replacing the VCR/DVD combo in my living room.
* Buy a new bicycle and a new bike trailer for increased independance.
* Replace both of my digital cable TV boxes with HDTV cable boxes, as they can still work on standard video displays. I will also be ready when the time sadly comes for me to replace one, or both of my television sets.
* Look into pourchasing a new computer so I can do more stuff on here, on Facebook, on YouTube, adn wherever. I will also be able to do a video blog, and even a podcast whenever this takes place.


In other news, I have a few television show reviews. I will be reviewing The Onion's "Fact Zone", "Sports Dome", Current TV's "InfoMania", and even IFC's "Portlandia".

Portlandia:

I have watched a marathon of Portlandia today while in my bed napping and resting from the long weekend. While I do not have a positive review for this show, I have to criticize the show for the anal retentiveness of the characters. What a waste of my time to be watching some kooks who talk like they are insane, act like junior high school students, and even presnet material that is just stupid and doesn't make sense!!! This is what I sum up my review as!!! On a scale of one to ten, I give it a NEGATIVE TEN!!! I was much better off watching reruns of The Three Stooges!!! My apologies to Lisa Renee Foiles for degeneration of your new home city. :-(

Fact Zone:

What an embarassment of a television parody. The bleah-blonde news anchor is all bubbly, stupid, and always talks nonsense. I thought The Onion would have put in enough effort to make a decent presentation with one of their existing actors from their ONN podcast instead of hiring some new idiots with a junior high mentality who make fun of people with Autism, mock beastiality, and constantly put peoiple down!!! Again- I would much prefer to watch reruns of some REAL comedy like The Three Stooges, Beverly Hillbillies, All In The Family, Father Knows Best, SCTV, adn the like!!! As far as suggestions for improvements, I would recommend they give this Brooke Alvarez bimbo the AXE, replace her with either Clifford Banes or that other white-haired guy, and even start depicting those peopel on there as if they actually have lives instead of giving us this gobildy-gook-nonsense,and a little slapstick wouldn't hurt either, you guys!!! My rating on this show is a four out of ten points! Do better, Onion!!!

Sports Dome:

This is the only show in which I have a more positive review for. While they have wandered from their original soncept of the OSn sports podcast, they DO have a few good sides. They poke fun at the world of sports in the same old Onion style. On the other hand, they put down the female presenter by making it as if they are stalking her, and making her feel so uncomfortable. This is the only objection I have for this show. Those guys are just plain CREEPY, and I do not use that term lightly! And people tell me that I am creepy, strange, and stupid. My rating on this show is a five out of a possible ten points.

InfoMania:

I used to like this show quite a bit when it was a B-rated show, but when they messed with the format and made it all "cookie-cutter", I think they destroyed a perfectly good show! The peopel on there have become very creepy, stupid, and even in-your-face morally corrupt. These guys are like junior highers on steriods, but then again, so are most other people in this world today. This is what happens when people do nothing but emulate pop culture and stop living or thinking for themselves. Becuase of this, I only give the show two out of a possible ten points! If the original weren't broke, then why did you try to fix it?

Overall:

The comedy TV shows out there nowadays are a reflection of our overall society. These shows are all CRAP!!! This is why if it were completely up to me, I would get rid of my cable TV services, except for Limited Basic, and start relying strictly on video podcasts, my ATSC TV converter box, IPTV services, Free-To-Air Satellite services, and even my DVD/ Blu-Ray collection.

I hope I have enlightened you all to do the same, and hope to see you all next time around. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment